The fourth edition of the LifeProof sponsored ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Engadin saw 310 competitors from 27 nations battling it out at the demanding swimrun race in the heart of the Swiss Alps. The athletes tackled a total of 46 kilometres of alternating mountain trail running and open water swimming in the alpine lakes in the Engadin valley. Swedish brothers Jonas Ekman and Lars Ekman proved that they were the team to beat at an early stage and took overall victory with 05:16:10. Last year’s winners, the mixed team Kristin Larsson and Daniel Hansson(SWE), had a strong race, finishing fourth and winning the mixed class. The first women’s team, Salli Carlfjord and Charlotte Ericsson (SWE), lead the women’s fleet for most of the course and took women’s victory with the time 06:27:16.
“The race is brutal! But brutally beautiful as well! You can never rest, either you’re going up tough uphills or you’re going fast downhill. We felt chased all the way, as we knew we had some very strong teams behind us, who are solid uphill. We weren’t feeling confident until the very last run, so we pushed it hard all the way,” said the exhausted but exhilarated winners Jonas Ekman and Lars Ekman at the finish line, taking their second ever ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Series’ victory.
Check out the full result list below.
Top 3 results ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Engadin, 9 July 2017
1. Jonas Ekman and Lars Ekman (SWE), Team Bröderna Bäver, 05:16:10
2. Oscar Olsson and Martin Flinta (SWE), Team Löplabbet, 5:29:00
3. Santi Pellejero Gacia and Francesc De Lanuza Gimeno (ESP), Team Head – VO2, 5:34:02
1. Kristin Larsson and Daniel Hansson (SWE), Team Addnature/Swedish Armed Forces, 5:37:17
2. Michelle Nyström and Erik Fridolf (SWE), Team Garmin, 5:54:28
3. Diane Sadik (SUI) and Tim Lange (GER), Team Swimrunshop.com, 6:02:46
1. Salli Carlfjord and Charlotte (SWE), Team Öra, 06:27:16
2. Anna Sporrong (SWE) and Nina Ellmark (GER), Spiggen och Spättan, 06:32:08
3. Malin Broström and Marie Dasler (SWE), Team Merrell, 7:01:14